The Carrier Internet service provides a premium connection to the worldwide internet for end customers or your entire network. The Carrier Internet service is provided on both metallic, fibre and radio access technology, offering both asymmetric and symmetric speeds. The CI service can be extended with additional services such as DDoS protection, IP address allocation, lease of routers and a wide range of backup options.
- Connection to major peering centres of Google, Facebook, NIX, Peering CZ and abroad DE-CIX, AM-SIX and LINX
- High scalability of transmission speeds up to 10 Gb/s
- Possibility to allocate IPv4 and IPv6 address blocks
- Various backup connection options
- Inexpensive and easy implementation at the customer’s premises
- Guaranteed maintenance service and service availability through SLA
Typical end customer:
- telecommunications service providers
Location of services:
- throughout the Czech Republic and abroad
We offer the CI service in two versions:
- Provided on metallic or unlicensed radio (uncoordinated band) access technology
- Asymmetric speeds from 512 Kb/s to 100 Mb/s for downstream and from 128 Kb/s to 20 Mb/s for upstream
- Symmetric speeds from 2 Mb/s to 300 Mb/s
- Basic SLA level of 99.0
- On metallic, fibre optic and radio access technology,
- Symmetric speeds from 2 Mb/s to 2 Gb/s
- Basic SLA level of 99.5.
We offer the following types of interconnection:
- Optical infrastructure
- Radio network
- Metallic infrastructure
Customer-premises equipment (CPE)
This service also includes the provision of customer-premises equipment. In the case of asymmetric access, CPE is an integral part.
Terminal equipment options:
Own terminal equipment (without CPE) in the case of symmetric access
Managed CPE, where we will take care of the equipment supplied
Unmanaged CPE, where you will take care of the equipment supplied yourself
The backup allows the end customer interface to re-establish a connection in just 30 seconds in the event of a primary line failure.
CETIN can provide an additional block of IPv4 or IPv6 addresses. The IP address allocation is subject to approval and the pricing is provided individually.
SLA – Guaranteed service support
The subject of the SLA (agreed service level) is CETIN-guaranteed parameters of monthly availability and maximum duration of service failure.
Basic overview of the SLA:
|SLA level||Monthly availability (in %)||Maximum failure duration (hours)||Failure report response time (hours)|
Files for download All necessary documents and services on one place.
Description of the service and detailed information on the technologies
Other services for corporate